Wednesday 9 March 2011

Stratford-upon-Avon

On Monday I went to Stratford-upon-Avon for the day to see my brother for the last time before I begin my summer programme of cruising up north. I don’t plan to be back in Warwick till next November.
It was a magnificent day and though it was cool, the Sun shone brilliantly. I had an early start as I had to catch the 0832 train in order to meet my brother conveniently, but this railway journey is always very pleasant for me, since it follows very closely the Stratford Canal which brings back many happy memories.
Below are a few photographs of the town, which looks beautiful, now that the Theatre refurbishment is complete. The whole area around the theatre and the Bancroft Basin and gardens has also been redesigned and I think it’s really quite special now. Monday was a good day tor taking pictures.


Sunrise at Kate Boats. A frosty start to the day.



The Swan Fountain and new theatre complex



The new Bancroft Gardens and basin in the background



Esplanade in front of the theatre combining the old with the new




Royal Shakespeare Theatre Cottages along the waterfront



Shops in front of the gardens and Basin




Henley Street. Shakespeare's Birthplace in the diatance

No comments: